What if we tell you that apple cider vinegar and weight loss do have a connection? What would your reaction be if you came to know that ACV has some fantastic health benefits that can help slim you down? All of us have tried a hundred ways to lose weight but to no avail. Those fad diets are not working, and the salads only bring you closer to having that dessert lying in the fridge. It is quite frustrating not to be able to lose weight. To add to it, not being able to lose weight takes a toll on one’s confidence. In such a scenario, isn’t a scientifically proven potion quite like a fresh breeze in the already existing diet market of false promises? Let’s take a look at how ACV can help lose weight!
Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss: How does it happen?
Research has shown that there is a massive connection between apple cider vinegar and weight loss. Now the question is how does that happen? Why does this work? Here’s how!
– Balances Blood Sugar Levels – Drinking ACV before meals help decrease blood sugar levels. So the levels that spike up after the dinner are reduced just by having ACV before any carbohydrate-filled meal.
– Keeps your Stomach Full – All of us have been a victim of overeating. Sometimes it’s because that particular aunt coaxed to have one extra helping of turkey and sometimes, it’s our heart wants another serving of the dessert. As per a study, ACV keeps you satiated due to which you are less likely to reach out for chocolate or a high-calorie snack after meals.
– Works as a Probiotic for Gut Health – A lot of doctors have pressed upon the idea of healing your gut. If you are someone suffering from weight issues, you have to repair your gut. And how does that happen? By bringing ACV in your diet. On healing your gut, you reduce inflammation thereby preventing obesity.
– Improves Sleep for Hormone Regulation – People suffering from hormonal imbalance face insomnia issues on a regular basis. While most people say that having ACV and honey with warm water helps them get to sleep, it is actually the hormonal regulation that helps them get better sleep eventually. And once your hormones are regulated, your metabolism gets fixed leading to better weight management.
How to Consume Apple Cider Vinegar?
The most common way to consume ACV is to dilute it with water. 1-2 teaspoons of vinegar and a cup of water is a common dosage. However, this can depend on person to person.
Another method to make it healthier and tastier is adding 2 teaspoons of honey with 2 teaspoons of ACV and 1 cup of warm water.
You can also mix it in your regular Green Tea if you are unable to have it with just water.
Apple Cider Vinegar Recipes to Try
1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Cinnamon Powder: Add cinnamon powder to water and boil it. Once it cools down, add ACV to it. Mix well and drink.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Fenugreek Seeds: Soak fenugreek seeds overnight. Add ACV to the water in the morning. Stir well, strain and drink.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Salad Dressing: In a jar, add 2 tsp of ACV, 4 tsp of Olive Oil, 1 tsp of Dijon mustard, quarter tsp of ground black pepper, half tsp of lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon of herbs. Mix this all and pour it over salad.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar in Smoothies: You can also add ACV in smoothies. Try this – take half a cup of pomegranate, spinach leaves, and one teaspoon of ACV. Mix it all in a blender and drink it for breakfast.
Speed up the Process of Weight Loss
Who doesn’t wish to speed up the weight loss process? While ACV surely does helps in weight loss, but it can not magically work on you. Adding some extra steps to your endeavour to reduce weight can be extremely helpful. The following tips will help speed up the process of weight loss for you:
– Avoid junk food as much as possible. Eat clean. If you have a craving, try making it at home instead of ordering from outside.
– 20-minutes of exercise can do wonders for your body. Most of us hate working out. But the truth is even a small 20-minute workout can do wonders for your body. Walk, do yoga, dance, swim, do whatever you like for 20 minutes every day and see the difference for yourself.
– Avoid sugar as much as you can. Try having natural sources of sweeteners such as honey or jaggery powder.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss: Precautions
– It is best to take organic Apple Cider Vinegar. Given the choice of natural and processed one, always opt for the organic ACV.
– In case you are consuming capsules of ACV, read the composition carefully. Certain pills have altered composition which can reduce the benefits of ACV.
– Make sure that you have ACV in moderation. Excess consumption can lead low potassium in the body which can further affect bone health. If you suffer from osteoporosis, avoid ACV like plague.
– Consult a physician before starting any diet. ACV can be harmful in case you have been prescribed medication for heart or diabetes.
– Dosages differ from person to person. Therefore, consult a dietician or your physician on the amount of ACV intake every day.
– Do not consume the vinegar raw. The undiluted version of the same can lead to acidity, upset stomach, nausea, etc. People taking pills must also have it with water or they might vomit it out.
– Ensure that you consume ACV with water only. Since it is high in acidic content, mixing it with any other liquid can be harmful to your teeth enamel.
These were the point that you need to keep in mind while you pursue the idea of apple cider vinegar and weight loss. Apart from weight reduction, ACV has amazing health benefits. So, don’t wait, make it a part of your diet now!