Living with a dry skin is a complete no-no. The winter season is here and we have already spent a bomb on body butters and lotions. After all, we love to take care of our skin. While it is wonderful to keep your closet stocked with the best of body butters, it is definitely not too great for your pocket. Moreover, making your body go through so much of chemical consumption may not be the perfect idea in the long run. How about getting making yourself some body butter at the comfort of your home? Why not go for the natural stuff?
Make some body butter at home. This DIY recipe for body butter will not only help provide your body the much-needed naturals but will also save so much of your hard earned money. All ingredients are easily available on Amazon. I will try to leave a link to most of them. Now let’s take a look at how you can get yourself homemade body butters.
Shea Body Butter
Here’s what all you’d need:
- Solid shea butter – ½ cup (Amazon link)
- Solid coconut oil – ¼ cup (Amazon link)
- Liquid Almond oil – ¼ cup
- Essential Oil – 20 drops (Any essential oil would do, I generally use the Soulflower Lavender Oil or Khadi Lavender Oil)
The ratio for the oils should be 75% of solid oil and 25% of liquid oil. You are free to replace any oil in case you’re allergic to any of them.
Chill the mixture properly so as to whip the butter properly.
Here’s your recipe for Homemade Shea Body Butter!
- Start off with placing shea butter and coconut oil in a container and heating it on the induction plate.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Once this is done, add the liquid almond oil and essential oil and mix.
- Now put the mixture in the freezer for a while.
- Once it begins to solidify, take it out of the freezer and whip it well with a whisk.
- You’ll notice that it has begun to get a buttery consistency. Your shea body butter is ready.
Take a fancy glass jar and fill it with the butter. The shea butter can be used for up to six months which means you are sorted for the winter season.
No more scrolling through online makeup stores for that perfect shea butter. No more spending money on body butters. Do try out this DIY recipe and let me know how it worked out for you. Share it with your friends and help them save some bucks too.
If you want me to help you out with some more DIY recipes, let me know in the comments below and I’ll be happy to post one for you.
Until then, Happy Winters! 🙂